All Speed Tips
Ask The PC Expert
Subscribe via Email
Subscribe via RSS
Buying a Refurbished PC
How to Optimize Droid Razr Battery
Using Android Apps On Your Windows PC
Virus and Spyware Removal Process and Tips
We are going to learn some effective virus removal and spyware removal tips. Many computer repair shops know that it can be a process to remove malicious code. Let's take a look at the process many computer repair shops are using to remove malware.
1. First start up your computer into safe mode and login to the admin account.
2. Next, try to use system restore to get the system back to a good configuration. How you do this depends on the version of Windows you have. It is recommended that you go back to a time when you are 100% sure your computer was ok. Did this fix the problem? If not, then continue on.
3. Next, sweep the operating system and files for malicious codes. To do this you need a reliable antivirus program. If you do not have one, Kaspersky makes a great antivirus program. Use your antivirus program to remove any malicious code. Did this work? If not, then continue on.
4. Next, we will use malwarebytes to remove any malicious code our antivirus missed. Download and install malwarebytes and then use it to remove any malicious code. Doing this in safe mode is a good idea as well. Did this work? If not, then continue on.
5. Next, we will clean up our temporary files as the virus might be hidden there. You will need to download and install CCleaner. After it is installed, use it to remove all temporary files. Did this work? If not, then continue on.
6. Next, we have to check system files. Install and run Microsoft Autoruns for Windows. Use it to disable unnecessary rogue entries. Do not just delete entries at random; do research to know about each entry.
7. If you are still having trouble at this point, you may need to remove the malware in a more manual fashion. You can download, install, and run Trend Micro Hijack This. Use it to identify and remove unnecessary programs. Often times, you can take a Hijack this log to computer help forums for help on how to identify and remove any problems. Also, if you are able to identify the exact virus, you can always search Google for a fix for the particular issue you are having.
To sum it all up, many times, removing a virus, spyware, rootkit or any other malicious code may require more than just security software. Often times, removing malware can be a long process. Keep in mind that if you don't want to go through the whole process, reinstalling Windows is also another option for fixing any issues.
If you enjoyed this post, please or
Web site and all contents © Copyright ComputerTooSlow.com 2012, All rights reserved.