All Speed Tips
Ask The PC Expert
Subscribe via Email
Subscribe via RSS
Learn To Repair PCs With The Right Course
Buying a Refurbished PC
How to Optimize Droid Razr Battery
How to Zip and UnZip Files
It is easier to send or receive zipped files via the Internet. This is because zipped files are smaller than their actual size and so can easily be uploaded or downloaded in a shorter time. Zipping a file is simply compressing or reducing the size of a file. A group of files can also be zipped into one, and this is known as archiving.
To zip or unzip a file, you need a utility. The two most popular utilities or compression utilities are the WinZip and UltimateZip. Utility programs are usually free of charge. The process of regaining the size/files of a zipped file after it has finished downloading is known as extracting or unzipping.
Zipping a File
- First off, you need find the file or files you want to zip. It is usually easiest to take all of these and copy them into a single folder
- Open your compression utility software. From the file button, click on new and create a name for your zipped files. It should be something like xxx.zip
- Save your file in a convenient location on your computer
- Next, select and add the file(s) to the archive
- Click Ok
Unzipping a File
- Open your compression utility program
- Click on File -> open and then locate the zip file
- Next, click on extract files. You can do this from the menu bar or by right clicking the file.
If you enjoyed this post, please or
Web site and all contents © Copyright ComputerTooSlow.com 2012, All rights reserved.