All Speed Tips
Ask The PC Expert
Subscribe via Email
Subscribe via RSS
Learn To Repair PCs With The Right Course
Buying a Refurbished PC
How to Optimize Droid Razr Battery
What To Do If a Computer Won't Come Out Of Hibernate/Sleep Mode
Whether you are on a desktop or laptop computer, the "sleep" function is quite useful for anyone who uses their machine intermittently throughout the day. It allows getting the best of both worlds as far as energy savings and computer readiness goes. However, it's extremely annoying when this function won't work properly, and especially when the computer will refuse to turn back on quickly when prompted.
As such, this article will provide you with some general troubleshooting guidelines that you can refer to when a computer won't come out of hibernate / sleep mode. This problem can be caused by various underlying problems, and sometimes the best way to fix it involves trying different solutions. To begin with, try doing one of these things to try and wake up your computer.
Try to make your computer come back from sleep mode:
1) Look for a "sleep" button on your computer or keyboard. On the computer, this button will usually be located next to the power button, and it usually features a moon-shaped icon. Press this button and see if it works.
2) Press different keys on the keyboard; don't bash it though, just press different keys with several seconds between each keystroke, and watch for signs of resuming activity. Try pressing ALT + TAB or even ALT + CTRL + del, sometimes that will do the trick.
3) Move your mouse around and click using both buttons (one at a time, of course).
4) If you're using a USB keyboard, that may be part of the problem, since in certain setups these keyboards are known to be unable to wake up a computer.
5) Tap the power button once, since in some machines this may be the preset wake up call that will activate your computer.
Also, keep in mind that you'll usually be unable to make your computer wake up from sleep mode, if it stubbornly refuses doing so. In this case, the only solution is to reboot the machine. However, there are strategies you can use to make sure you don't have to deal with this annoying situation ever again. Make sure to go through the following techniques, and there will no longer be reason for you to be angry when your computer refuses to obey your wake up calls.
If you enjoyed this post, please or
Web site and all contents © Copyright ComputerTooSlow.com 2012, All rights reserved.